1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Put about a cup of powered sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Cream the vegan buttery spread, vanilla extract, applesauce, salt, and granulated sugar.
3. Reduce the mixer speed on low, and add the gluten free flour a half a cup
at a time, until it is all incorporated. The dough will be very thick.
4. Turn the mixer off and stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Roll the dough into one inch balls and place on the cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 325 degrees for 18-23 minutes, until the balls are golden brown on the bottom.
7.Remove from oven and let cool for about 15-20 minutes before rolling.
8. While cookies are warm, roll them in the powered sugar. Let the cookies cool fully, then roll them in powered sugar again to get a nice white coating.
Store in an airtight container.