From all of us here at Artisan’s Rejuvenation Med Spa, we hope you are able to stay healthy and safe during this uncertain time. Because many of us have probably not experienced a pandemic like this before, we wanted to share some tips and advice on how you can stay well and protect those who are more at risk, such as elderly and immunocompromised people. Together, we can help to slow and stop the spread of coronavirus! Here’s what you should know and how you can help:
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
Physicians are now learning that one of the first symptoms of COVID-19 is a lack of smell or taste. COVID-19 is primarily a lower-respiratory issue. The most common symptoms include fever, tiredness, dry cough and shortness of breath. Other symptoms include aches and pains, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat or diarrhea.
How does COVID-19 spread?
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) explains that the virus is thought to spread from person-to-person between people who are less than 6 feet apart, and through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. If an infected person coughs or sneezes into their hand and then touches a surface, and you touch that same surface and then touch your nose, mouth or eyes with the same hand, that is an easy way to contract the virus. It is extremely important for you to avoid touching your face.
The CDC’s recommendations for preventing the spread of coronavirus are:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Using a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Putting distance between yourself and others. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
Other things you can do to help include staying home if you’re sick, covering coughs and sneezes, trying to cough or sneeze into the neck of your shirt (not your elbow), and cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces daily, such as tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, computer mouses and keyboards, your phone, toilets, faucets, the microwave buttons and refrigerator door handles, etc.
If you’re practicing social distancing, you might feel isolated or have trouble focusing on normal activities, particularly when social media and the news are steady reminders of the pandemic. It’s always important to stay informed, but don’t forget to take care of yourself, as well! That could mean avoiding your phone and limiting your exposure to the news. Moderate exercise is also helpful to keep your immune system strong, so make some time for yourself to get outside, or practice yoga or use the treadmill at home. Do whatever works best for you, so you can keep active and reduce any anxiety you may be having.
Here at Artisan’s Rejuvenation, we are doing all we can to keep you safe, so we have stopped seeing patients in the office temporarily. However, we are still answering the phone! Please call us with your product orders, questions or concerns any time: 979-704-6879.
Additionally, we are offering:
- Curbside pickup for product refills.
- Virtual consults with the doctor or nurse practitioner.
- “At Home Facial Kits” with “how-to” instructions. Now, if you want to wait for our awesome aesthetician, Amber’s “how to video” for the facials, that will be going up on FaceBook at Artisan’s Rejuvenation Med Spa in the next few days!
- We are also answering phones for future appointments 30 days out, given everything goes back to normal.
We want you to be assured that we are here for you to answer any questions. Our new temporary schedule during this unprecedented time will be from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Saturdays are TBA. Additionally, on social media we are doing educational videos on products and services, social media interactions for contests, posting about our home life and how to stay healthy. And finally, in an effort to keep our employees (your friends) employed, we are doing all we can to keep them busy and getting them better prepared for when you come back to us, such as watching educational videos, reading up on the latest products, etc.
When our office reopens for appointments, rest assured that we will follow all wellness protocols, including disinfecting all surfaces and treatment rooms between visits and screening patients before their appointments. Please call us at 979-704-6879 and we’ll be happy to help you schedule a future appointment or virtual consult, purchase products, or answer any questions or concerns you may have: 979-704-6879.
Be well, and we’ll talk to you soon!